New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As I am new to reloading I have a question regarding Barnes Triple Shock X bullets. Did Barnes publish reloading information with these bullets in there reloading manual?

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, they didnt have them when their last manuel went to print. just follow their data for the regular x bullet and work up. you will probably end up some where between the old x and the xlc as far as velocity. You will however be way ahead in the accuracy department.

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you do a search here, you will probably find this exact question answered from Barnes. I remember seeing the post, I just don't remember the details. Sorry. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Most people have found they require the same data as a regular soft point bullet....be careful.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called Barnes and what they told me is to start low, using their Regular X bullet Data. DO NOT USE their XLC coated (blue) X bullet data. What their technican told me was often you will be able to exceed the regular X bullet data by 1-2 grains of powder. Needless to say, be careful.

Contact Barnes on the telephone as they would be glad to assist you.

My opinion on the Triple shock is they finally hit a homerun. It is a very good, and accurate bullet.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Barnes ships a little leaflet with their 3-X bullets, stating one should start using the loading data for the regular X - as opposed to the XLC - bullets. They also state, that it is possible that you'll get somewhat lower pressure with the 3-X, and may be able to go around 1 grs higher (if memory serves). The usual warnings and disclaimers apply...
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TSX Loading Recommendations
Triple Shock X Bullets - Questions and Answers.
http://www.barnesbullets.com/bullet_talk/archive_files_triple%20shock.htm

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote