Find
Notify
Tools

Loading for the Glock's
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted
Just bought Glock 20 (10mm) and will be doing some loading for it. I have read some horror stories about the unsupported chamber. Any one here load for there Glocks?

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I load some for my Glocks but not a 10mm. The only problem I've ever had was using my reloads that had been shot out of my Glock in my USP and sometimes they wouldn't chamber. I bought a Lee Factory Crimp die and haven't had a problem since. I wouldn't imagine that you'd shoot lead bullets in a 10 MM but Glock says they're a no...no. There is a whole website dedicated to Glocks called
Glock Talk
I hope I Helped,
Jeff

Posts: 101 | Location: WA | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but only for my G-30 (only Glock I own) 45ACP.
The guy's over at www.glocktalk.com would probably be the best people to ask.
IF you watch for smiley faces (bulges) above the extractor groove (and discard those cases) AND stay within the manual guidelines you will be OK.
Most of the problems have been guys trying to hotrod the 40S&W BTW (followed by improper maintenance causing a out of battary firing (stuck firing pin, any chambering) and a bad batch of Federal brass (early production 40S&W with a low web height).

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Crimp_me
posted Hide Post
So I went to the range with some reloads. I used 180 jhp on top of 7.8 grains of Power Pistol. Loads shot fine no KB's or jams but did notice athe small bulge at base of case. I think this is due to glocks oversize chamber. I will keep my reloads below max. I do on planning on getting a Barsto barrel for it.

Posts: 83 | Location: Lapeer, MI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote