THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    12 Gauge Full Length Brass Hulls with Smokeless Powder?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 Gauge Full Length Brass Hulls with Smokeless Powder?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CK
posted
I'm using full brass hull for cowboy action shooting, mainly because the full brass hulls are heavier and they chuck-out of my double barrel coach gun pretty quick. I don't like the black powder clean-up game, so I decided to go with smokeless powder, but I'll be darn if I can find any data for 12 ga. full brass reloading data with smokeless powder. Anyone know of any?

FYI: The full brass hulls are machined from solid billet stock from Skeetshooters brass from TN.

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i'd bet it you give skeetshooters brass a call or email that they'll fix you up with some.....i expect that now that i know about them that i will.......DICK

Posts: 8 | Location: NC | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey CK....you know what i'm thinking about doing???? Try this on for size.......the adapter brass is only a little more than the real brass case so what would be wrong with getting a 12 to 20 adapter brass and since you very seldom shoot all that many shotshells at a single stage anyway,,,,get enough adapter cases to fill your shotshell holder (in my case eight) and say to hell with reloading a real brass case and just reload the adapters with 20 gauge shells after the stage is over.....i shoot a lot of skeet and there are a bunch of economy minded shooters going with the short chamber type tubes rather than the full length tubes like we use now....supposedly the patterns are very good with the chamber type tubes....Hell--i could even use them in my win 97.....Dick

Posts: 8 | Location: NC | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Well, I went out on my own on this one - I got 30 new full brass hulls from Skeetshooters Brass, all 12 ga.

Here's what I used:

Lee Loader 12 ga. hand reloader tools. (No longer made)

12 ga. Full Brass Hulls

22 gr. of Unique

209 Fed. Primers

Winchester AA wads 1 oz.

1 oz. of 7 1/2 shot

.030 Overshot cards.

I used a glue gun to keep the overshot cards in place.

The test gun was a 20 inch Stoeger Silverado Coach Gun.

After 15 rounds, no problems were noted, neither upon firing, nor extraction. Shot pattern was on target.

If you use this data, use at your own risk. This load was safe in my gun only.

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Here's the answer I got from Skeetshooter Brass:

SKEETSHOOTRBRASS@aol.com
Subject:
Re: 12 ga. load data

Use the info/loading data for Winchester AA Hulls it works pretty darn good for me.