New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet Trading/Exchange.....
 Login/Join

<Hunter333>
posted
I was wondering if there is such a system available for reloaders? I shoot an 06' and would like to try different bullets but buying 100 at a time may be a waste of time and money. If someone else has various bullets in the caliber I need, I would like to buy 10 or 15 in different styles and/or grains. Maybe I have some that others would like to try and we could swap some. Are there "variety packs" out there that I just dont know about? Thanks for the help!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunter _ I haven't heard of such a thing but I'm sure other shooters in your area that you might meet at a range or gun shop would be glad to oblige. A lot of gunstore owners do some back room loading and might have some open boxes they would sell you some bullets from.

Whatever you get, I would mike it before reloading just to make sure there hasn't been any mix-ups.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I've always thought this would be a great idea for an on line business, but logistics are a bit overwhelming when you stop to think of all of the calibers & bullets involved. Maybe Saeed or someone who already has a significant reloading setup could offer this service. I would also like to get 9-12 bullets @ a time, especially the exotics, to try in loads.
You can also just ask on forums like this. I recently sent 15 'x' bullets to a shooter asking about that particular bullet size/weight. I sisn't have any luck w/ them & they just took up space in my cabinet. I'm looking for some 140gr 7mm Swifts to try. Any offers?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pecos45:
Whatever you get, I would mike it before reloading just to make sure there hasn't been any mix-ups.

AND weigh it. Sounds prudent to me ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
Actually, now that I think about it more, I think this is an excellent idea ! Perhaps there can be a separate forum for "Bullet Samples?"

Participants can charge or not, at their discretion. A personal check shouldn't be a concern for a $3 or $4 purchase.

I LIKE IT !! [Big Grin]

Good thinking Hunter 333 !!

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've thoguht about this a lot- just order one of every bullet from midway, etc, package them in lots of ten, and set up your web site and sell away. You'd have to jack the price up a lot for shipping and handling, and I doubt you'd ever make manoey, but it might be a neat thing. I'd use it for different 270 and 7mm bullets for my guns. Anyone want some 140 gr Nosler BT's in 277?

Posts: 168 | Location: Lyndonville, NY USA, en route to Central Square | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
<Kentucky Fisherman>
posted
I had this idea ages ago just after I got a new .22LR rifle. If anything, .22 rimfires seem even pickier about ammo than centerfires. I would love to have bought a "variety pack" containing 10-15 of all the various bullets available and would gladly pay a premium for it.

It's obvious why the bullet makers aren't excited about the idea: as long as no one's offering this, lots of guys will buy a full box of all those bullets in order to try them. And I guess outfits like Midway are reluctant to try it for two reasons: (1) it would be labor intensive and (2) there's a liability risk when you repackage in this manner.

Still, it's an excellent idea and I'd love to see someone run with it.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I think his idea was simply to swap small lots (say 10 ea.) of bullets with other members just to try something different.

Ive got some .30 cal Hornadys and Sierras, what you got H333? I wouldnt mind giving some core locks or similar a try.

E-mail me if youd like.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Hunter333>
posted
Right now all I have are Hornady 168 BTHP Molly and 10 150 Nosler Ballistic tip. I would be more than willing to buy different bullets knowing that there is a community out there whose members would be willing to buy/trade them if I dont like them. Not knowing squat about bullets, I cant keep all of the varities straight. Email me if you would like to set something up: deerless11@msn.com
I have contacted 2 people that have sent me bullets or will be in the next day or two. I think that this could turn into something that the bullet makers would not like [Smile] I dont have the organizational skills to head this up but it looks like things are starting to take shape. Heck, people may be more willing to go buy a different gun knowing that they have someone to talk with and gain knowledge from as well as share bullets with. I am looking at a 250 and I bet there are those here that will give me the "push" to go do it [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea. I had thought of it before, cause buying a pound of powder and a box of bullets for an experiment, gets costly if it doesn't work. I load 165grain, Sierra GameKings Boatail SPs in my 30-06. I bought a box of 165 Hornady SPs interlocks, for it too, and only occassionally load a few. I have about 4 varietes for my .243, that I don't know if I will ever reload for again, since I found me a damn good shooting .223. (.) that represents a 5 shot group. I don't know if the shipping would be much cheaper than some bullets, but it would be great for area loaders to exchange at a shooting session.

Posts: 115 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 07 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Zeke>
posted
Very good idea.
I would really like to try some 130, 140 or 150 Gr Partition bullets in my 270. But at $26.00 for 50, recreational load testing is out of the question. Five or ten bullets would tell me whether they would shoot in my rifle. I am hoping the factory second Partitons will show up in my area soon. Those bullets are half price when they are available.

ZM

one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Looks like there is a LOT of interest in this idea. What are the chances of getting a seperate forum for people to post what they are looking for? [Smile]

Just thought I'd ask - [Wink]

Thanks!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
This winter when I was bored I did this very thing! I looked over my huge supply of bullets and broke them down into bags of 25 ea for a certain caliber. I put them onto e-bay and listed them as sample packs. Made a mention in the auction of why buy a full box just to find out your gun doesn't like them. My auctions almost always brought me the price I had paid. I thinned out quite a few bullets and the buyers seemed happy. BUT, after while it gets to be a "pain" to do the packaging and shipping. I'm glad I "thinned" down the inventory and other people can use them---but it isn't enough fun to make a constant hobby out of!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Hunter333>
posted
I would think that trading/selling various bullets with others on this site would be less of a hassle than using e-bay. One reason would be that if a certain buyer or seller did not hold up their end, everyone on this site would know it in a heartbeat. Plus, people would not be setting a certain price for a certain number of bullets, they would "talk" with people and find out exactly what and how many bullets they want. I have gotten 30 bullets from another site member and will be mailing another a MO tomorrow. I am also currently in contact with another site member to set up some exchanging. So, to me, the idea is already a hit [Smile] I hope that others are able to benefit as well as I have.

<Hunter333>
posted
FYI on shipping: for 42 180 grain bullets to be mailed from WA to MI the cost is $5.50. Not that much seeing as I dont have to go buy a full box of one bullet for $25 and I get the help of the mailer for free [Smile]