New
Find
Notify
Tools

.270 load
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone tried some IMR4350 w/ Hornady 130gr. Interlock SP or the Hornady 130gr. IL SST? I'm going to load both of those up and was wondering what yalls experience w/ those bullets/powder combo is. thanks.

Gun control is hitting your target.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, shoot the interlocks fairly often. With IMR-4350 somewhere between 52 and 54 grains you should find a sweet spot. Start at 52 grains and work up to 54 grains in 1/2 grain increments. The Sierra 130 also works well with these loads.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey 30378...what kinda groups you get w/ that combo? that's EXACTLY my game plan..i planned on starting at 52 n workin up by .5gr increments. I hope i find a really really sweet spot lol. I only have a 22" bbl, so we'll see what happens!!

Gun control is hitting your target.

one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted Hide Post
For the 270 Win I have found Reloader 22 with 130 grain bullets @ 60.0 to be excellent!

Jeff
North Pole, Alaska

Red Team 98

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Winchester Featherweight 270 that shoots the Hornady Interlocks well but likes the Sierra spire point boattail slightly better. With 53.0gr of IMR-4350 the Sierra 130s it's an honest 1/2". The Hornadys are 5/8 to 3/4", all at 100 yds. Just have to keep the pencil barrel cool.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote