Find
Notify
Tools

heavy bullet loads
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
Anyone have any loading data for the .45/70 with 460-540 grain bullets. I awant to shoot them in an H&R single ahot with a 32" barrel and a Marlin 1895ss Lever with a 22" barrel. I am looking for good accuracy loads for fun on the rifle range NOT heavy knock down hunting loads. Thanks Dave

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tanoose - look at www.castperformance.com for some similar loads - I purchased some 460 gr. LFNGC from them for mild 450 Ackley shooting and they perform well - a friend shoots the 460 in a lever gun 45-70 and likes them; don't know the load but he uses RL-7 --- DB Bill shoots a 450 Marlin in a bolt gun, he may read this and be able to suggest sources for heavy bullet loads - good luck - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tanoose:
I am looking for good accuracy loads for fun on the rifle range NOT heavy knock down hunting loads. Thanks Dave

That is the definition of cast loads! Try the Lyman Reloading manual, you wont be dissapointed.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote