THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Cardboard Boxes for Standard Magnum and H&H Magnum Cartridges

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cardboard Boxes for Standard Magnum and H&H Magnum Cartridges
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Does anyone know where to get cardboard boxes for Magnum and H&H size rounds? All I can find are for the smaller centerfire (22-250, 223), short action (308 win), and long actions (30-06)

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3063 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Well, I have been considering getting some made. Actually they are 5-round Kynoch style boxes because I like the 5-round boxes.

I have done the footwork and have a sample of it and it's great. I have been talking with another AR member about possibly doing a special run of these but need to find an outlet to sell them as the minimum amount is 1000 pieces.

I will post pictures later if you or anyone else may be interested in them and see if there are enough people to make it worth placing an order.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
From Midway the 3006 size holds the 7 RM just fine....it's what I use

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Well, I have been considering getting some made. Actually they are 5-round Kynoch style boxes because I like the 5-round boxes.

I have done the footwork and have a sample of it and it's great. I have been talking with another AR member about possibly doing a special run of these but need to find an outlet to sell them as the minimum amount is 1000 pieces.

I will post pictures later if you or anyone else may be interested in them and see if there are enough people to make it worth placing an order.

Thinking of any 20 cartridges boxes?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3063 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6441 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
From Midway the 3006 size holds the 7 RM just fine....it's what I use
Yes, the large rifle size of the plain white box with a 20-round styro insert holds any size up to the 375 H&H's I've used in them. The styro simply expands as you push the larger round into the hole to make for a nice, snug fit. The plain white box is great for labeling/marking. The cardboard outer is large enough to hold cartridges with an OAL of 3.65" or so.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AH, you're not some greenie fool who hates plastic are you ? I've found the plastic 20 rounders last much longer than the factory ammo/brass boxes. I even have different colors for different rounds, Just a thought.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wait till you see the price on shipping for the paper boxes with styro insert. I placed an order and the cost of shipping was close to more than the boxes. I have also switched to the plastic in both flip top and the MTM 50 round carry cases.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I started with paper many years ago with printed labels that I thought looked great. But in recent years have also moved away from my paper boxes and went plastic

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote