Find
Notify
Tools

Die, press, and parts storage...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steel Slinger
posted
How do you store your dies, press, and other metal parts and keep them from rusting? Currently, I have wiped a light coat of Rem Oil spray lube on my press, dies, shell holders, and primer seater. Is that fine, or should I use something else?

FiSTers... Running is useless.

Posts: 315 | Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I don't use anything. And after over 40 years, none of my equipment has shown any rust.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ricciardelli:
I don't use anything. And after over 40 years, none of my equipment has shown any rust.

Same here, same 40 years.
Don

one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
I spray the inside of dies that I plan to store for an extended period with Break Free Collector. It does not build up and you don't have to clean the interior when you are ready to use the dies again. If you live in a dry climate you probably don't have to worry. However, down South our slogan is "In GOD we trust and in Louisiana we rust", So, if you want to protect dies, firearms or any carbon steel material you must protect it from the high warm humidity we experience!

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote