New
Find
Notify
Tools

.300 win mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone with an accurate load in a 130gr bullet???

Warning: Trespassers will be shot.......survivors will be shot again...........

Posts: 92 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't played with 130's in mine but if you go to barnes website and check their "technical" heading you can get to all their best loads for any given caliber/bullet wt. It might be a good place to start. I would also say that the 4350's and 4831's would be a good place to start and see what your gun likes.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might check Hodgdon's web site to see if there are any youth loads listed for 130 gr.

posted Hide Post
I loaded some hornady 130grain GR SP's this week end! I found them pretty unacurate... I loaded them with somchem S365 and S385 and got the following. S365, 71grains = 3224 ft/s: 72grains = 3291 ft/sec: 73grains 3345 ft/s: 74 grains 3378 ft/s. I stopped at 74 as i was no longer getting a good ft/s per grain increase in speed. I have not quote the S385 loads as they were a disaster and not worth mentioning. if want the details, let me know. the speeds quoted are an average of 5 rounds. Noteworthy is the fact that the 72 grain load produced speeds within 23 ft/s of each other. If you let me know what brand of propelent you are using, i can check the comparison charts for you.

Posts: 5 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 30 December 2008Reply With Quote