THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Accuracy diff between Nosler Partitions and Partition Golds?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy diff between Nosler Partitions and Partition Golds?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My 338 doesn't appear to shoot regular NP's real well (250 grainers). It will group Hornady and Speer Grand Slams fairly well.

The Federal Factory Nosler loads go about a 3-4"@100 yards and my reloads with Partitions and H-4831 are slightly better but not as good as the Speer or Hornady equivalents. (2-3")

The Speers and Hornadys will go 1 to 1 1/2" in my reloads. I've used H4831 and RL22 and it doesn't seem to have much effect on accuracy.

I really want to use the Nosler Partitions as I have had so much good luck with them. Tonight I loaded up some Moly Free Partition Gold 250's fueled by some RL22.

Has anyone noticed any difference between the two accuracy wise? I'm hoping for the best.

I may end up having to go with Swift 250's or 275's. Never used Swifts before but I hear good things about them.

Gonna go try to get an Alaskan Brown Bear in a few weeks and I want to hit 'em hard!

Tim

What we detest most in others is what we fear most in ourselves.

Posts: 149 | Location: Nebraska USA | Registered: 22 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 338-06 Shoots the 210 and 225 NP's better than the 250 partition gold (sorry, i know thats not a very good comparison though). The 225 A-Frames shoot very well in my gun though (First three out of four touching at 100 yds). Although I haven't killed anything with the A-frame yet, it has to be at least as effective as a partition.

Posts: 153 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NETim--maybe you need to use a slower powder than H4831. I used 4831 for years and got 1-2 in bullet performance. Have just started using IMR 7828 in my 340 and 338/378 and have been getting 3/4 to 1 inch groups. Am satisfied with this decrease in size of groups. Just my opinion and what happened in my rifles.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Sometimes a powder change helps & sometimes nothing helps. My .338-06 loves the 210gr & 250grNP. It won;t shoot any brand of 225gr bullet worth a crap. I have shot the CT (nonmoly) in 160gr/7mm w/ the same loads as the NP & accuracy was the same so, you can give it a try. I also like 7828, it gives exc. accuracy in several carts. You might also give IMR4831 a try as well as RL19. Have you tried varing seating depth? Sometimes this also has a great affect on accuracy.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote