THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Anyone using or have info on the 7 TCU from a 16" barrel?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using or have info on the 7 TCU from a 16" barrel?
 Login/Join

posted
Used to have TC Contender with a 10" barrel and wondering is info is out there on how it performs from a 16" tube.

one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
About 38 fps per inch of barrel, Sierra SSP 130 gr. H4895 29.4 gr. link Had one, but i dont even remember the barrel length now. Never run it over the timers.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
SAAMI has this listed for rifles.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Interesting question. Mine is also a 10 inch Contender but maybe someone with an unlimited gun can chime in. With a longer barrel you may be able to achieve some increase in velocity but of course the powder capacity is limited. For the record mine shot 140's at 1750fps but I wasn't trying to make them go any faster than what was needed to knock down rams.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote