Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Primer pocket cleaning
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted
I've bent a bristle or two, but never had the problem you describe. Purchased the RCBS Case Mate center a few months ago and it has really streamlined the brass prep work. I uniform the primer pocket take a peek at the cut if any then pop it on the brush and knock the remaining carbon out. You might be applying to much pressure. Also have a Lyman blade type that does a fair job.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a little jicky tool made by Lee that works fine and never wears out. Large primer on one end and small on the other. But I have often thought of just buying a couple of cheap screw drivers and grinding the blade down to fit. Then you would have nice handle to hold.

The good thing about a metal blade is it won't twist up or wear out like wire brushes.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hit it with the primer pocket uniformer from Sinclair after each firing, coupled with a cordless drill, it is a facile process.

one of us
Picture of kk
posted Hide Post
Not happy. The bristles on my primer pocket bruch (RCBS) keep bending, then the brush rides on the bent bristles and won't reach the bottom of the pocket ....

Does anybody have a slick trick for cleaning primer pockets?

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote