Notify
Tools

Well I'm quitting reloading
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mmreloader:
I have loaded primers backwards and have had a bolt stuck once, so mistakes happen. Sometimes you need to walk away, clear your mind, then refocus. Reloading is dangerous, but I love it.

I loaded a few primers backwards also when I first started this back in 1985. Just this year I charged a case that was missing the primer. Stuff happens but it pays to focus and refocus.

Posts: 29 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 01 February 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a member of another forum devoted to "high speed low drag" types, SEALS, Rangers and the like. I only got a login so I could view some photos. Anyway there is a discussion of reloading and one member says he wants to get into it and reload while he watches TV. I cautioned against this practice. He told me that I was a worthless electrician (I'm actually a Relay Technician) and not fit to even exist on the same planet as someone as awesome as he. 10-4 Ace. You go for it. I have made several mistakes in recent years, loading 500 rounds of .40, about 100 of them with no powder and loading 400 grain bullets in 416 Rigby using data for 350 grain bullets for two examples. Fortunately neither goof was particularly harmful. The 500 rounds of .40 was a nuisance. I shot the entire lot and when a bullet would stick I would knock it out of the bore with a dowel. I got to where I could clear a stuck bullet in about 10 seconds Smiler . The more experience I rack up in both reloading and Relay Technicianing the more careful I get.

Suwannee Tim

Posts: 140 | Location: Way down upon the Suwannee River. | Registered: 02 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it is best for some to quit reloading! Roll Eyes

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Scarboro:
I was at the range a few weeks ago and a gentleman was testing some loads down the firing line from me. I could tell that things weren't going very well by his reactions and comments. I walked over and talked to him and he said the rounds were going everywhere and he couldn't figure out what was wrong. I looked at one of the rounds and commented that I had never loaded 270's but they looked just fine. He looked at me with this stare on his face and then picked up the box of shells. The rifle he was shooting was a 30-06.

Lucky he didn't try shooting 30-06 rounds from his 270 win.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote