Find
Notify
Tools

Tite Group powder
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted
I've just started reloading the 45 Colt for a carbine I've got. After using up what was left of my"Bullseye" and "Unique" I was looking for more.
I found a shot-gun powder "Tite Group" and on it's label was a load for the 45 Colt.
WOW ! After a few shots, I looked down the barrel and it looked as clean as when I left the shop!
This stuff is clean burning! I just had to share with you ! The stuff is great !

Shovel ready.....
but hangin' on

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
I have only used it in 40S&W and my experience that it burns dirty at low pressures. I dont shoot pistols alot and have yet to try it with higher loads so I can't confirms this.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm gonna guess you went with about 6 grains of it.
just don't push the powder it get's unpredictable at the high end.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloaderman:
I've just started reloading the 45 Colt for a carbine I've got. After using up what was left of my"Bullseye" and "Unique" I was looking for more.
I found a shot-gun powder "Tite Group" and on it's label was a load for the 45 Colt.
WOW ! After a few shots, I looked down the barrel and it looked as clean as when I left the shop!
This stuff is clean burning! I just had to share with you ! The stuff is great !

Titegroup happens to be the powder a very famous gunslinger recommends for the 45 Colt.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
45 LC, 240gr jhp , 5.6gr Titegroup because that's what a #8 little dandy throws :-)

this is in a 6gun

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't say about the colt, but it works great and very cleanly in my 9mm and 40S&W pistols. It is the only powder I use for them now.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote