New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stroke of luck at Cabelas today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got my hands on a pound each of IMR 4350 and H4831sc as well as some large rifle primers today at cabelas. Kicking myself for not picking up a pound of trail boss that they had for some low recoil plinking loads for my 475. Found some conflicting info as far as using large rifle (not magnum) primers in 375HH and 300WM, so I guess we will see how that pans out until my big order (hopefully) fills from midsouth. Between all of that and a box of 270gr TSX's, rounded out a nice little birthday shopping spree.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice to be in the right place at the right time.

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pretty much mail order bullets & brass & supplies from all the regular places. By far, Cabelas seems to get more supplies in than the rest. I'm seeing those catalog bullet numbers in my sleep.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got my hands on a pound each of IMR 4350 and H4831sc as well as some large rifle primers today

That's exciting. ??

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I haven't found anything but black powder and 209 primers locally, yes that's exciting.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Patience, dear friends, patience.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Glendale AZ Cabelas had a bunch of IMR4350 this afternoon.

Mark

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You just have to be patient. My local store got in an order or powder a week ago, they've still got dozens of 1 lb. cans of IMR4350 and H4350 on the shelf. A month ago I saw where powder valley got in a shipment of varget and H4895, I got 5 lbs. of each and it arrived a few days ago. Midway got in a load of 6mm 105 Amaxs a few days ago, I got a bunch of them also. I have another store near me, slightly overpriced, that has never run out of primers during this whole mess.

The stuff's out there, you just have to be patient and ready to jump on it when you see it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been surfing the local shops. Happened upon a shop near my house with a decent inventory of bullets, albeit older stock. Scored myself a box of 375cal grand slam 285gr as well as some 30cal partitions in 200gr and 150gr.