New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rim Problems with Bell Brass?
 Login/Join

<GAHUNTER>
posted
I just got a shipment of Bell 404 Jeffery brass. Most of the cases were perfect, but about six of the cases had rims that would not go into the shell holder (RCBS #41). I was able to take the holder out of the press and force these mis-sized rims into the shell holder and loaded them as normal. The cases work perfectly in the gun once loaded, however.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
Your problem is one of the many inconsistencies I found in Bell brass. I used that same 404 brass for a wildcat and had the devil's own time trying to make it shoot, all because of the brass. Finally went to other 404 brass after wrestling the problem for a time. That same wildcat is a consistent sub MOA rifle now, all with a change in brass. Bell brass is pure junk, even in the Lazzeroni they make where I had the same types of problems.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't have any experience with Bell brass yet, but am interested in any experience with it as Norma .416 Rigby brass is unobtainable right now.

Anyone have any comparative experience with Bell and Norma brass?

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote