New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chrony F1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know if the cord for the remote is proprietary or a standard flat phone cord??
Thanks

Posts: 1626 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
If both ends have a phone connection I bet it is a phone cord. "maybe" a cat
5 but I doubt it.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cowboy_Dan
posted Hide Post
I'd say try it, it shouldn't break the machine in any way. Worst case scenario it just won't understand the commands.

Posts: 164 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They refer to the cable as a "telephone cable" in the instruction manual if that means anything!

http://www.shootingchrony.com/english_QS_F1M1.htm

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is 1/8" Stereo Mini Plug.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of drewzter
posted Hide Post
It's not a phone cord. I just checked mine. It does fit a phone but a phone cord is 2 conducters and the Chrony is 6 . If you can find a 6 conducter phone line I bet it would work. I shot mine today . I mean I hit it. I hit one of the wire struts that hold the diffusers on top.

Posts: 14 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: 25 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
It does fit a phone but a phone cord is 2 conducters and the Chrony is 6

Isn't that a cat 5 like an internet cable?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:
It does fit a phone but a phone cord is 2 conducters and the Chrony is 6

Isn't that a cat 5 like an internet cable?

Yes it is Cat 5

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewzter:
I shot mine today . I mean I hit it. I hit one of the wire struts that hold the diffusers on top.

I wonder why Chrony went away from the original shot guides they supplied with their early Chrony F1. The instruction with the wire guide Chronys says to shoot through the middle of the wires, 4" high with open sights and 6" with a scope. They made it simple and easy with the early guides and I am sure eliminated stray or no readings.

Admittedly the guides were cardboard but cheap and easy to replace if shot and no danger of transferring shock to the Chrony itself. Perhaps plastic instead of cardboard guides would have been better as an upgrade.

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote