Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Load for 200 grain 30-30 subsonic load?
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for a load for 200 grain bullets in a Marlin 30-30 that are around 1000 FPS for shooting in a Marlin 30-30 with a silencer attached. Anybody with any info or similar loads, rounds, or calibers?

Posts: 3 | Location: Mt. Clemens, MI | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TRy 8 to 10 grains of Unique...
Seat the bullet deep...

YOu aren't using this for poaching are ya?? bewildered LOL, just kidding...

Actually,I'd consider the 220 grain Round Nose instead... I think it would be more user friendly for feeding in the 30/30... or the 180 grain Round Nose...

Actually the 220 grain round nose really straightened out the accuracy in a 30/30 we have had in the family that has been an accuracy pig from day one when we got it in 1966... and it has been passed on down to me..

any cast bullet load data should be able to set you up with a batch of info...

good luck...
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check the twist rate in your Marlin. Just today we shot some Swiss RAUG subsonic ammo[200gr.] in a 1 in 12 twist 308 sniper rifle. They did not stabilize.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Check the twist rate in your Marlin. Just today we shot some Swiss RAUG subsonic ammo[200gr.] in a 1 in 12 twist 308 sniper rifle. They did not stabilize.

but a 220 grain RN or a 180 grain RN will!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My state just became silencer friendly and having a can with subsonic bullets will open up the areas that I can shoot. It also may change where I look to move since there is a better chance of shooting in the back yard and not pissing off the neighbors. No poaching, just like to shoot without earmuffs. If I wanted to poach, I would use something even quieter such as a bow. I checked the pitch and 1-10 seems good for 200-220grain bullets as far as I have read. Any other good 200-220 grain loads I should try? Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Location: Mt. Clemens, MI | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Winchester uses a 1:12" twist rate in their 30-30
rifles.

Marlin uses a 1:10" twist rate in the 30-30.

Barnes makes their "Original" series round nose lead core bullets in a 250gr for the .308dia

the heavier it is the easier it'll be to make it go slow...

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote