New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rockchucker history
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up a used Rockchucker II, how long was the Rockchucker II made, I assume it replaced the Rockchucker and was replaced by the RC Supreme. I notice the Supreme does not utilize the same prime features in the RCII and has a larger opening, anything else new with the supreme.

With the RCII, do many of you use the prime capability or has anyone removed it. I prime with hand primers and intend on keeping with that practice.

Posts: 134 | Location: MO | Registered: 17 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bought my RCII new and for the longest time never installed the priming parts. I also use a hand priming tool (Lee). Several years ago, I was given some .25ACP dies and components. My father decided he wanted some .25 ammo. I don't (and probably never will) have a .25 shellholder for my hand primer so I used the press to do the priming. I left it installed as it's not in the way, but have never used it since.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I have a Rock Chucker I never looked at the Rock Chucker2 but there priming system leaves a lot to be desired.

I use a Wilson hand primer or run them through my Dillon 550 to put the primers in. I bought another Lee auto prime it will be the 5th one that I have bought. I keep breaking the priming leaver (the one you push with your thumb). It is a great system but made with inferior materials.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got some spare parts from RCBS and heard part of the story.

The RC 11 came out after the piggy back conversion, RCBS had to change the toggle so the handle would clear the piggy back conversion.

I bought my RC 11 new in 1996.

They just changed this year?? to the Supreme version which has a longer stroke and window.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1472 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey, thanks

I took all of the priming stuff off and got it mounted. Made my first rounds with it already.

swede, I think the Lee web page addresses your problem, he says you are squeezing too hard. Once it is seated, its seated, no need to press any further.

Posts: 134 | Location: MO | Registered: 17 February 2003Reply With Quote