Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Manufactrue Defect?
 Login/Join

posted
I only get the binding when i close the bolt it is very tight or hard to close it.
Thanks
CdnWalleye

Posts: 6 | Location: Alberta,Canada | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're saying that a case that has just been extracted will not go back into the chamber without an extra effort?
As posted, fire a round and extract it about half way out, then try to rechamber it. Does it take the same extra effort? Fire a round and extract it half way. Use a magic marker and make a witness mark along the top of the case. Finish extracting the case and then try to re-chamber it with the witness mark turned away. Then try with the witness mark aligned atop again. If there is a difference in the effort needed then I'm gonna guess a misaligned chamber. If that is the case, then you can re-barrel, use factory ammo or full length resize using a small base die. That assumes that factory ammo chambers readidly.
Oh, I forgot to ask, how many times has the offending cases been reloaded? You could just have some work hardened brass.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
are you fl resizing or neck sizing?
Try turning your die in an eighth of a turn at a time till a resized case will chamber. you may need to set the sholder back .
Try a diffrent shell holder that is a few thousands thinner from thr bottom of the slot to the top face of the shell holder. It will only take a little for the case to chamber
if the chamber is egged shaped than thats another problem.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote