Find
Notify
Tools

Brass for 6,5x57R ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents!
I am looking for some quality brass for the above calibre but cannot find any around here.

The Sellier & Bellot brass has small ignition holes which have to be reamed up to permit the dies to do their work without getting stuck. I have also experienced differencies in quality between some batches of S&B brass. Some are good, some are crappy.

I would prefer Lapua, norma or RWS brass over S&B but none of the retailers I have spoken to say that they can get anything else than S&B.

Therefore, I wonder if anyone can point me towards a european shop that could sell and send 100 rws (or same quality) cases for a reasonable price.

Sincerely
Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used, or rather tried to use, RWS 6,5x57 (non-R) brass and will never make that mistake again. Had the same problem with undersize flash holes and in addition I ran into the 'dreaded donut', a thickening of the brass at the base of the neck that raised pressures DRAMATICALLY! Primer pockets were also far too shallow, had to ream each one deeper in order to seat the LR primers. I suggest that you look for some Norma brass in either 6,5 or 7mm.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do like the RWS brass I bought used on www.egun.de. I was also told that S&B has considerably improved their quality; you might want to give both a try.

New cases are sold by http://www.johannsen-jagd.de/d.../katalog/katalog.php.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
While I do not use this caliber, I do have a bag of RWS 6.5x57R cases (38 fired & 23 w/CCI #200 primers). You may also be able to neck down from a bag of RWS 7x65R cases I have but have not checked that out to be positive. Am located in central MN, USA, unfortunately so shipping may be costly. Thought I'd let you know if it helps. psibuilds@yahoo.com

Posts: 3 | Location: MN, USA | Registered: 17 December 2009Reply With Quote