New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady's in the .318 W-R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone tried the Hornady .330 bullets designed for the 8mm Hun. in the .318? These were marketed by Graf's.

Telly

Posts: 163 | Location: Vincennes, IN | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Telly,

You may want to check the actual bore diameter of your 318 WR. You can take it to a gunsmith and in about 5 minutes know exactly the proper diameter bullet you require. But, it was my understanding that they took a 0.330" diameter bullet. Let us know what you find out. Also, I'd be interested to know a bit more about your rifle.

BigBullet

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1218 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, my rifle is a .330 bore. The bullets are also that diameter in 205 gr. weight. They are offered by Grafs in Mo. as part of there old military line. I think the bullet is actually made for the 8x56R cartridge. My rifle is a standard .318 of English make with express sights, etc. It's sighted for the 250 gr. but, for the cost, I would use these bullets for practice.

Telly

Posts: 163 | Location: Vincennes, IN | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Arms sells bullets for this application (8x56R) in 200, 225 and 250. Don't know the maker but they are well priced. They are .329 and should work.

When I wanted a replica of a 318 WR, I used a Swedish 96 chambered in 338/284. Loaded to identical ballistics, it is a lot of fun.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote