THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Hello everyone, Just getting started need some help

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello everyone, Just getting started need some help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've loaded shotshell for many years and want to start loading some pistol loads.I'm having alittle trouble with the abbreviations if you could help me i would appreciate it. I have some Cartridge load data on bullet weight.Here are the abbreviation:

HDY FMJFP

LRN

I will be getting a book on loading cartridges but just haven't got it yet. Thanks alot.

If a word is spelled wrong its not my fault its the computer's

Posts: 25 | Location: Southern Ohio | Registered: 15 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum! Looks to me like Hornandy, Full Metal Jacket Flat Point and Lead Round Nose. Good luck with your loading.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats what it looks like to me too.

Posts: 19621 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for responding. I'm looking forward to joining the community.

Posts: 25 | Location: Southern Ohio | Registered: 15 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Basf
Some others you will run into:
Nos Nosler
Spr Speer
Sra Sierra
HP Hollow point
RN Round nose
L Lead
J Jacketed
FMJ Full Metal Jacket (has lead exposed at the base)
TMJ Total Metal Jacket (has no lead exposed anywhere)
TC Truncated Cone
WC Wad Cutter
SWC Semi-Wad Cutter

As you can see from your LRN example, they can be combined.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Basfshmn:
I've loaded shotshell for many years and want to start loading some pistol loads.I'm having alittle trouble with the abbreviations if you could help me i would appreciate it. I have some Cartridge load data on bullet weight.Here are the abbreviation:

HDY FMJFP

LRN

I will be getting a book on loading cartridges but just haven't got it yet. Thanks alot.

Hi and welcome to a wonderful place for advice. You're ahead of some in that you already have experience under your belt.
I'm sure you already know all 209's aren't alike, and the same holds true for rifle and pistol primers.
That said, you'll also find that when reloading metallic cartridges there are no annoying BBs to gum up the works Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR from SoMo

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, i'm looking forward to reloading for my pistols and maybe helping others on the forum here. I wish I would have found this forum earlier.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know what FUBAR is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
fubar= is what happens to your mind when you spend to much time on the political thread on here Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote