Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Lock -N- Load Press question
 Login/Join

posted
I have a new Hornady LNL progressive press that I need to get some dies for. While reading the notes, I discovered that some dies apparently have some problems in stage 5. I have RCBS as well as Lee dies (.38,40S&W,9mm), does anyone have any experience with this setup? Do I need a Hornady taper crimp die for each caliber???

"*Note: Some manufacturers taper crimp dies may interfere with the ejector wire when they are used in station 5. Hornady New Dimension Taper Crimp Dies are designed to work flawlessly in station 5. If you will be using dies other than Hornady, we suggest that you use our powder through expander and install the taper crimp die in the 4th station. Ejector wires are set at the factory and we DO NOT RECOMMEND adjustment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I either use the seating/crimp die in the fifth hole or a Lee FCD (factory crimp die) without a hitch. I have used RCBS, Redding, and Hornady dies in my L-N-L AP. BTW, I only load straight walled pistol ammo on my AP.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote