New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 710
 Login/Join

Picture of chevyone
posted
I bought a remington 710 for my son, Some people have told me that you have to be careful when loading as the barrel and action are pressed together.The research that I did tells me that the bolt locks into the barrel making the bolt and barrel one piece,As to make it as strong as any other rifle.
If anyone has any input on this it would be great.
thanks chevyone

Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens

Posts: 19 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
The bolt does indeed lock in the barrel, not against abutments on the reciever ring. This is not new, and other makes have use the method in the past and today the Sauer M202 is still built this way. The system is as strong as any any.
The only thing I`ve heard knocked with these rifles is the fit, polish and looks are on the coarse side for alot of shooters tastes. I played with one in a shop and wasn`t impressed with the rifle,I think the Savage is a better deal for the price, but haven`t shot one so my opiniones are just that.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Strength is really not an issue with the rifle.

The ones I have examined were rough in a number of areas.

For an inexpensive rifle, Savage (Stevens) is hard to beat. And I've yet to see a Savage centerfire that wouldn't shoot superbly.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I know of two diff people who own these and they shoot great,but the only beef that I have with these is that thet have some nylon either on the bolt or inside the action which didnt turn my crank to much.

MONTANA,where the men are men and so arent the women!!

Posts: 11 | Location: KALISPELL MONTANA | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote