THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: using carbide expander buttons in bottleneck brass

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: using carbide expander buttons in bottleneck brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a few of them and they do work well, without lube. The only thing I do is clean the inside of the case necks with a brush.

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I have them in all my older Redding and RCBS dies. The latter carbide replacement you can get from Hornady. I don't use lube with them. I've more or less gotten away from the expander style and have moved to the bushing dies where you don't have to use lube, and you maintain concentricity much easier. You run the risk with any type of expander of getting an eccentric neck, especially if the die over sizes the neck and the expander has to push it out a long way.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Has anyone carbide free floating expander buttons that can be purchased for redding expander/decapper stems. Do they work, can you expand the cases without using case neck lubricant? Do they keep case necks stright and concentric? Any experience or information that you have would be appreciated.
thanks, cflier

Posts: 3 | Location: puget sound | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote