Find
Notify
Tools

7383 load info
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
homer I'm still testing IMR 7383 and ran acroos what might be a couple of safe usfull loads in the 6.5X55. thumb

1. 140gr. Psp Rem. w/2c, 41.7 rg. 7383, CBC case, Wlrm, crimped, OAL=2.180"2388 to 2484 fps. 4 shot 1/2" grp at 50 yards all powder burned!!! not hot.

2. 140 gr. HPBT Sierra, 41.7 gr.7383, CBC case, Wlrm, OAL=3.120" 2433 to 2463 fps. 3 in same hole 2 others 1/2" out at 50 yards. all powder burned but presure was a little low and there was some soot.

The rifle was a sporterized Mil. mod. 96 with full length 29 1/2" barrel with a home grown recoil compensator on it.

This looks to be a safe load with 7383 but I don't mean to imply that you should go out and buy a bunch of it. I continue to use it as a study only, mainly because I still have 28 lbs of it.If you have some possibly this data will be of some use.Do not forget that that a grain or two over what appears to be safe or a compressed load can yeild a jack rabbit jump in pressure and fire arms have been ruined. eek2roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bartsch--How low did you start in developing those loads? I think that powder may be able to be used like AA5744.Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hubel458:
bartsch--How low did you start in developing those loads? I think that powder may be able to be used like AA5744.Ed.
Thanks, Ed.

I'm not trying to develope a load per-say,Ed. I've been experimenting with 7383 now for almost two years. It is rather quirky but when I touch on something it can do beneficially safe I just try to share that info. wave

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote