New
Find
Notify
Tools

308 neck sizer for 3006
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi i would like to know if i could use a 308 neck sizer die to neck size 3006 cases . would there be any problems with this . thanks Bob [Smile]

Posts: 116 | Location: N.J. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problem, just make sure not to hit the shoulder of the case. I think that you could use standard 308 dies to neck size and seat bullets in an 06 case.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WAY TO GO GUYS!! I just ordered a lee collet die for .270 win and now your got me thinking I could be necksizing by using my .270 wby dies. Shoot--got to sign off and go try it!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow--worked perfect on the .270. I wound up screwing my .270 wby hornady full length die all the way down into the press. It resized about 4/5's of that long .270 win neck, knocked the primer out perfect and my 2 experimental rounds had less than .002" runnout--DAMN--COULD HAVE SAVED ABOUT $15 BUCKS.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys it works just fine . i thought i could do this just wanted a second more expirence opion . Bob [Smile]

Posts: 116 | Location: N.J. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've loaded 7mm STW with only 7mm Remington dies, and a .338/8mmRM wildcat with only .338 Winchester dies. On the other hand, I had a 6.5 Remington Magnum rifle once but no dies, so I took a spare set of .264 Winchester dies and just chopped a half-inch off of the bottoms; worked like a charm. An older gentleman who was the father of a friend had a war trophy .44 Russian S & W which he had never been able to shoot and was amazed when it only took me an hour to show back up at his place with ammunition cobbled together with trimmed .44 Magnum cases and dies.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote