Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Picture of expanded Accubond ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Great pictures, thanx.
And 3100fps is close my own load at 3180fps with 180 grs NAB in a 300WM.

NAB gives nice groupings at 300 and 400 meter and i will use this bullet as my primary bullet for longer ranges.(A-Frame is close range bullet <150yrds)

If i shoot moose with it this year i will take some photos of the impact as well and share if there is interest at it.

Thnx again

Posts: 64 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These are some 180 accubonds shot by me from my 300 wsm. Velocity was 3100 fps, hitting water filled milk jugs at 100 yds. They were all recovered in the forth jug set on their side lined up and shot from the bottom.

Weights were around 120 grains if memory serves.

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

If i shoot moose with it this year i will take some photos of the impact as well and share if there is interest at it. Thnx again

Please do! There is always interest in the terminal peformance of bullets, particularly in real game animals!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Grizz,
thanks!!

about what I expected from them... around 65-70% retained weight... now THAT is serious bullet performance

jeffe

Posts: 39691 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grizz,
I liked that tread, wonder why i didn't find it when i searched for accubond :s

Hope to are posting more testresults later.

Posts: 64 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norhunter, glad to oblige. I'll have to revise the velocity figure down a bit, I was operating from a defective memory, late at night! Just a matter of about 100 fps but between 30-3050 fps. If you want to spend some time reading, I wrote up a series of experiments with the accubond and interbond and posted it here. got to; IB-AB tests The AB/IB tests are on page 3

I never got out to do more testing this summer, but who knows I may do some more yet this year. IF Hornady comes out with a 200 IB, I will definetely get some of both and test both side by side. It should be interesting!

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote