Find
Notify
Tools

Bad press on ebay
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted
Was going to bid on a RCBS Rock Chucker Press on ebay till I looked real close to the pic, I know you can replace the ram BUT !!!E-Bay Link How the hell do you bust a RC press like that ?

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerWonder waht kind of problem he had to end up breaking the ram like that. If you can get it for $2.00, reweald the ram and go on! Otherwise write it off!

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
That IS tough to do, at least do by regular reloading use.

However, had you bought it, I can pretty much assure you that RCBS would replace the frame, or the ram, or whatever is broken, free of charge, under warranty.

That's one of the many reasons I have dealt with them for almost 50 years and probably always will, so long as I am alive to do so.

That customer-service attitude is the legacy of Fred Huntington and Jay Postman, two great guys of our sport. And it continues to be the way the current owners do business as well.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I don't think it is even a Rock Chucker...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Ha Ha I emailed the guy and he said its NOT broke, thats grease on it, MY ASS. You can see a chunk miss'n from it,,,And I asked for him to clean the "grease" off and retake a pic,,,,never heard back from him,,,,,

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
How in the hell could someone break a press
in that spot!!! bewildered
It would be pretty bad if he shipped it and it was broke.And never told the buyer about it.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ricciardelli , to me it looks like a Reloader specail .

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks like grease to me.......I think if you look very closely, you can see that it isn't broken.......

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GonHuntin:
It looks like grease to me.......I think if you look very closely, you can see that it isn't broken.......

I do not think it's broke either but rather a grease line.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
It IS a rockchucker...trust me. The sellers got a great FB rating so I wouldn't worry.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have ever owned one of these presses and seen the grease line.......you would KNOW that what you are seeing in the photo is GREASE!

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
However, had you bought it, I can pretty much assure you that RCBS would replace the frame, or the ram, or whatever is broken, free of charge, under warranty.

AC is right about RCBS customer service! In an effort to reduce bullet runout on my 30-06 , which was caused by the shell tipping slightly in shell holder as expander plug pulled out of neck, I called RCBS and asked them if they could open the neck of the die to size the cases to proper dia. w/o use of expander ball.

They asked me to return the die (a standard die) and two once fired cases from my rifle. A week or 10 days later, I received abrand new competition die which worked perfectly w/o expander.

Can't beat that service. Smiler

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
I fully agree with the grease line as I have owned one, but if you cant tell that there is a chunck missing then please buy the thing and let us know how things go. I bet you my TC that the thing has a peice missing bub......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say that press has been droped. Just a guess though.

Posts: 118 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Any way lets just forget it and move on, I just wanted to show anyone that might be wanting to buy off of E-Bay that they need to look real close to things.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by short44:
I fully agree with the grease line as I have owned one, but if you cant tell that there is a chunck missing then please buy the thing and let us know how things go. I bet you my TC that the thing has a peice missing bub......

OK, that's a bet, but first tell me what kind of TC you are willing to lose.......if it's worth it, I'll buy the press and win your TC in the process!

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
SS Thompson Contender 8" 44 mag bub, when you get the press and its got a peice missing I get the press.

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you need my home address. To send me my press.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
SS Thompson Contender 8" 44 mag bub, when you get the press and its got a peice missing I get the press.

As I understand the bet......

If the press is not broken, I get your Stainless TC with 44 mag barrel.......if the press is broken......you get the press......

You have a bet!

PS: I fully expect that you will back out of the bet........

posted Hide Post
I don't know how old this post is or what but the guy took a closeup of the shaft and it is not broken!!!!!!!!

one of us
Picture of Bob G
posted Hide Post
Check out the original link to the press on Epay
The owner cleaned up the grease and the toggle link is fine.

Do it right the first time.

Posts: 239 | Location: North Smithfield, RI USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Short44

Send me a PM with your address so I can have my FFL send a copy of his license so you can ship the pistol!I've been wanting another stainless frame......

By the way......here is a photo of the ram with the grease cleaned off! Now you can't claim I bought the press and replaced the ram....Amazing what people will do if you ask them nicely!

Looks like you owe me a TC with an 8" 44 mag barrel!!!

Anybody want to take odds that he will back out of the bet now that he has lost???

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
I will hold my end of the deal but you have to do what was asked first !

PM sent.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Gonehuntin

Are you really gonna take short44's pistol? bewildered

I know a bet is a bet but this was harmless.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Short......let's keep this public for now.....that way everyone can see what happens.

quote:
I bet you my TC that the thing has a peice missing bub......

This was the bet.......you made the offer to bet......I accepted.......anything else is simply you trying to back out of the bet!

It is clear from the photo that there is NOT a piece missing.......your lose......simple as that....

Now, the question is.......are you going to honor the bet or not????

If you insist that I buy the press, even though it is a mute point because you have already been proven wrong.....then I can see 3 possibilities happening.

1. You have an associate bid against me until the press is bid beyond it's worth.....(since you are blocked from bidding).....and maybe up to the value of your pistol.

2. I buy the press regardless of how high the bidding goes and you back out of the bet leaving me with a press that isn't worth the price I paid.

3. I buy the press without interference from you or anyone associated with you and you still back out of the bet leaving me with a press I don't need......

Bottom line......you offered the bet, I accepted.....you lost......are you going to pay up????

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Yep GonHunting, I would say you still need to win the Ebay press auction to win the Encore bet. Big Grin
I've got a feeling the price on that press in gonna be pretty high considering who you have to out bid to win it! clap jump

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cal30

He offered to bet.......I just accepted......he had the chance to back out gracefully but he insisted he was right.......am I going to take his pistol???.......it's a mute point because I don't believe he will go through with the bet........

Terry

Go back and read his offer to bet......it said nothing about my buying the press......however, I am willing to buy the press provided he can guarantee that none of his associates will interfere with the bidding........he is already blocked from bidding, but I suspect he will try to get around it by using a shill.......

If I could trust him not to back out or interfere, I could bid way too much for the press and still come out ahead.......

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OK, that's a bet, but first tell me what kind of TC you are willing to lose.......if it's worth it, I'll buy the press and win your TC in the process!

This is your post and that's what I based my post on. First of all I think you showed your cards to early. Secondly, I never saw a no shilling clause in the bet.

Terry

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
You dont think I would be that easy, you said you would buy the press and see if it was busted, I'm not backing out just not stupid my man.

quote:
quote:

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
This is worse than a marble trade in 3rd grade. LOL

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, that is my post.......however, my acceptance of his offer to bet is NOT contingent on my buying the press.......

Nowhere in his offer to bet did he say I had to purchase the press.........I accepted his bet dependant on the worth of his TC........

Now, after he knows he has lost, he adds:

"I will hold my end of the deal but you have to do what was asked first !"

Fact is, he didn't ASK anything.......he simply said: "I bet you my TC that the thing has a peice missing bub......"

Since it is clear that there isn't a piece missing.......he loses.......

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Your post,
quote:

His reply,
quote:

Your reply,
quote:
As I understand the bet......

If the press is not broken, I get your Stainless TC with 44 mag barrel.......if the press is broken......you get the press......

You have a bet!

PS: I fully expect that you will back out of the bet........

You really need to win that press to win the bet. Anything else is just splitting hairs.

Terry

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is worse than a marble trade in 3rd grade. LOL

bull
second grade was worse than 3rd grade trades lol
our 3rd grade bully moved away when I hit 3rd grade

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You two kiss and make up. Nothing in the world aggravates me worse than someone daring someone else to prove them wrong, then refusing to admit it when that happens. Betting a TC was stupid, as I see it. It was just begging for trouble. Now, in an attempt to get "even", one of you is going to try to get in the other's hip pocket. You two just quit, okay? This has gone well beyond the point of absurdity. Short44, you should just admit you were wrong, and TC1, you should quit trying to rub his nose in it. There, I said it. I feel better...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry
The bet:

"I bet you my TC that the thing has a peice missing bub......"

The proof:

Case closed!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Short

I really don't need your TC, got several of my own......fact is, I never intended to take it, even if you were man enough to follow through with the bet.......

Got a proposition for you......you admit that you were wrong and promise that you will NEVER call me "Bub" again Big Grin .......and I'll consider the matter settled......

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
You're a good man. Smiler

Terry

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Yes I see that it is indeed not busted and that would mean that I lose, I admit that yes. But just like I told him, is that I'm not that easy I know he has to get the press for this to be done. But now he wants to get me to say I was wrong is not right, I was mastaken and made a bad call, hell most of you guys thought it was to at first, The press is not busted.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You still have to promise you will never call me "bub" again!!! Big Grin