Notify
Tools

How to clean brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted
Hello all.

I have some 60 pcs 300 ultra brass that was wrapped with clear packing tape. Not my doing! Well anyway when I peeled the tape off the cases are covered with sticky tape glue.

What would be a good way to get the glue off ?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Beefa
posted Hide Post
Enginer Degreaser will get it off, then i would wash the cases and dry accordingly

Beefa270: Yes I really love my 270win

Posts: 114 | Location: Southern Sydney Australia | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rubbig Alcohol.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And WD-40 will disolve most Glue Residues I've messed with.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rubbing Alcohol, or any good degreaser, or brake cleaner, will do the job. I use the spray degreaser and just put the cases on an old towell and squirt away.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
And WD-40 will disolve most Glue Residues I've messed with.

+1, I don't use WD-40 on the inside of guns but it's an awesome glue and sticky remover. I use it to remove sticky labels off my target boxes all the time. It won't hurt the brass but I'd tumble them afterwards to get any that might have creeped inside the cases or into the primer pockets where it can cause trouble....................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
" Goof Off " is one of the best residue removers there is Period . It removes heat set vinyl graphics adhesive from most anything .

If one has ever tried that on a fiberglass surface , you'll appreciate what it does .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote