New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: IMR 4350
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
IMR4350 powder will not meter well in any measure if you are looking for a charge dropped on the money everytime. The powder is a great powder for many different cartridges and I buy it by the 8 pound can. However if you are loading for accuracy than you will need to run it over the scales and check it for each charge. It is a little extra work that is worth it!

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like this powder, but I have little time to reload these days, as my twins are now mobil and are getting faster every day. What powder measurers will throw an accurate wieght with imr 4350? I have a Hornady, lyman 55, and several lee perfect measurers, but none of them are as close as I would like. What do you find that works?

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Ditto, Try H4350, smaller grain(short cut) and should be just as good as IMR as far as accuracy, Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
My Lyman 55 won't throw even H4350 right on the button every time. How 'bout one of them RCBS "Powdermaster" doo-dads that has the electronic scale/trickler thingy? A little slowish, I hear, and kinda pricey, but, should do the trick.

Ooops!! Twins, huh? Hmm, I imagine every available $$ is tied up in Pampers or Similac. Wait'll you have to buy two sets of new clothes every other month. Maybe you should just give up and send all your guns/loading equipment to me 'til they're grown up and on their own.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My cheap little Lee powder measure/thrower goes within a tenth of a grain plus or minus with IMR 4350. I think the soft synthetic wipe has a good deal to do with it. You must be consistent with the speed and pressure of the throw though.

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote