THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    reduced internal volume cases for subsonic loads?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reduced internal volume cases for subsonic loads?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've just had a friend make up some 6.5-284 cases with a reduced internal volume by just running the same internal diameter of the case mouth right down to the flash hole. They are turned from brass and CNC produced.
I'm thinking I should end up with around 35 grains of water volume, giving it a similar working capacity to the 6.5TCU.

The 6.5 TCO gets around 1800fps with the 140 grain bullets, so I'm thinking that it shouldn't be a big stretch to get town to 1080fps.

Is this idea likely to work out? Am I running going to run any risks with high pressures developing due to factors I am overlooking?

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote