New
Find
Notify
Tools

ballistic software?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking at purchasing a ballistics program and was wondering which one to get -- sierra infinity, rcbs.load or other? Thanks

Posts: 37 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
There are some free ones you know and they work. Point Blank is a good external program and LoadBase and other Powley based programs are freeware.

You can find them at Steves Reloading Pages and Spirit of 76 and LoadBase is here.

There is a current long thread here on pay programs and my head is spinning from reading them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry - For the best, check out this link

www.aement.com

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the event you are on a Mac, try Art Pejsa's program, best I have seen. [Wink]

As to pcs, I guess you get what you pay for, altho Pecos does suggest what appears to be a pretty good one from what I have seen on a friends MicroShaft machine. [Eek!]

one of us
Picture of HuntR
posted Hide Post
LoadBase Ver 1.0 is a good example of a rare exception to the "you get what you pay for" rule. Gustavo graciously offered it to us on this forum free, and it is an excellent program. If he charged the going price for it, I believe it would still get its share of rave reviews.

Posts: 179 | Location: Maine | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<GunGeek>
posted
larry b., AccuLoad has 35 different ballistics analyses. I have heard through the grapevine that version 2 due out soon has 49 different ballistics analyses. [Wink]