Tools

Books
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted
probably been asked before but what books are good for reloading starters

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what books are available to you down under, but all of our reloading manuals have a chapter on "How To Reload". Hornady, Sierra, and Lyman have these chapters. There may be others too.
I'd go to a gun store near you and look at books they have for reloading. If there is no store close, I'd buy one, or more from an Internet supplier. The ABC's of reloading is another good read when learning the loading process.
Good luck, and if U have more questions, just post them.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Modern Reloading by Richard Lee as it reads like a novel, and has some interesting load data. Many, many on this site will disagree and say it's outdated or whatever else. There are a bunch of good "inside" tips to be learned by reading the book IMO. I am sure the Hornaday book or Nosler , etc. are good as well. But I have always respected Lee for his products, practicality, and experience in all stages of reloading.

Posts: 166 | Location: NY | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
1. Any of the manuals have excellent chapters on reloading.
2. The ABCs of Reloading (any version) is good.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote