posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
 -

Posts: 66 | Location: Troy Montana | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RVB,

I'm stunned. I stared at those pics with my mouth agape.

The "Indy 500" tile? Whee Doggies! [Big Grin]

Just an amazing room. Congrats! [Smile]

Mike TBC

[ 07-31-2003, 21:42: Message edited by: The Birth Controller ]

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
RVB:

Wow! What a place to reload!

And I thought that I had been seriously bitten by the reloading bug! [Smile]

Either you are single or have a *very* understanding significant other!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RVB... very nice.
Mr Boren... was that reloading bench built off the "NRA" reloading bench plans? That turned out nice.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Boren, Sr. - How do you like that bench? I have plans for that exact bench, but may do some glass inlays in the larger doors, and extend the working area forward of the shelving. What would you do differently if the bench could be "tweeked"?

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I built the same bench, but stained it darker. I also made mine 5 ft wide, instead of 6 ft wide. Also, this bench will not fit through a 32" internal doorway. It is about 34" wide.

I would also look at the plans close and make the front overhang a little larger. My old rockchucker could stand to be mounted a little further back, but I don't have enough overhang to work with. Measure your press and look at the plans.

I also left the doors out of the middle of mine

Posts: 77 | Location: TN | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a nice room. I really like the way you've stored your rifles....plenty of room and nice to look at!

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks better than most gunshops. Obviously you like to make stuff yourself and work with your hands. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
smallfry, yes it's the NRMA reloading bench plans. It took a little time but I got it done. My son David helped me get the pieces cut out and then I put it together, then David helped move it to where I could do the finish, and then he helped me pack it in. It's a very good design. I have been really enjoying it. Thanks for the compliment.

one of us
posted Hide Post
T/C nimrod, one thing that I would probably change would be to cut about 12 inches off of the legs. I'm 5'10" and I have to stand on my tip toes to reach the top of the cabinets. One other thing that I was thinking on was using plexiglass instead of 1/4 inch plywood for the sliding doors. But I do like the doors sealing out of site the contents, keeps prying eyes from getting into things. I have enough reloading stuff to fill the work space, so I have to make a table on the end of the bench to setup my gun vice and cleaning supplies.

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
RVB:

All I can say is "Wow!"

I haven't felt jealous about anything in a long while. [Wink]

And, by posting your pictures, you've surely moved above me on the BATF's "If, and When" list. [Eek!]

RSY

p.s. Is that a Texas State Rifle Assoc. decal I see over your door? Yellow oval with a snorting bull?

[ 08-01-2003, 19:14: Message edited by: RSY ]

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote