New
Find
Notify
Tools

? about new primer and bullet sealant.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This may be new or old news. Black Hills Ammunition is now using an anaerobic, weak glue for sealing primers and bullets. (For Them) a machine squirts a small amount of a weak anaerobic glue around the primer (your choice of color), and a colorless version of the same glue around the base of the bullet.

The material wicks its way into the primer/case joint or bullet/case joint. Everything deep in the joint immediately takes a set. That portion still exposed to air is simply wiped off.

Quite a slick way to go (I think).

Does anyone know who makes this system? It would be just perfect for Safari ammunition.

Please do not tell me that I do not need to seal ammunition. I am simply wondering if anyone has a thought as to whom might make this system.

Lock-Tite (under new ownership), and 3M come to mind, but I do not really know..

Many thanks for your help.

L/D

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of N51lDr1v3r
posted Hide Post
I use this on the ammo I want to seal ammo.

I do believe hunting and home defense ammo SHOULD be sealed. Especially when its going to be in humid climate.

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...sealer-1-3-oz-liquid

Hand loads...... Never settle for OEM

Posts: 80 | Location: Sin City | Registered: 18 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, N51 and Bob, please tell us if the sealing stuff you use smells like women's fingernail polish?

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep,
Makron and Goerge & Roy's are both nail polish. If you thin them with "Nail Polish Thinner", they stretch a lot further, and penetrate better.

I am hoping to find a lead on the anaerobic glue system; similar to the Locktite 290 and Black Max that I have used on rifles.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote