THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Anyone have accuracy data for 300 rum and 150 gr bullets?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have accuracy data for 300 rum and 150 gr bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've got a good supply of 150 partition gold and would like to try them in a friends Rem 700 300 ultra mag for wisconsin whitetail hunting. I know a heavier bullet may be more ideal but I have a lot of respect for how tough this bullet really is.
Has anyone had any great luck with this combo---not necessarily looking for speed---300 win mag speed with accuracy would even be more preferred. Thanks

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about just any good 150 data? I found noslers info and barnes and they vary from each other some.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
This is heresay, but a member at the range uses IMR4350 with a 150 Nosler in his 300RUM. Not sure what bullet but it is his deer load. He's pleased with the accuracy and IMR4350 isn't really a barn burner in the RUM, well, for heavier bullets anyway.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
non heresay here. my 300rum likes rutumba powder only for great accuracy.