Find
Notify
Tools

Identifing Dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys

I've just gotten ahold of a set of 222 Rem dies that I bought at auction. They were sold to me as "C&H" dies, and I assumed they would be "CH" which is a brand I know.

They are marked "Lee 222-H1" and "Lee 222-E1". One is a sizing die, but is not marked as full-lenght or neck, and the other a seating die of a type I have not seen before (I am a very in-exerienced reloader). Could someone please tell me what I have from the markings on the dies??

The locking rings are also new to me, they have a "O" ring set into them instead of a locking screw. How does this work, won't the rubber compress when I turn it down into the press and give me a different set-up each time ??

Thanks for your forbearance if these are very dumb questions

Cheers

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have a set of Lee dies. They are ok and will work fine for you. They should have cost about 1/2 the price of C&H.
Good Luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hawkins

Just ordinary old Lee dies huh, that usually I wouldn't consider. They were pretty cheap, and I'll only be using the F/L size die anyway, so I don't suppose it matters.

It does make you wonder though, CH is very uncommmon here, I can't see the reason in someone trying to pass them off as anything as rare, I'da thought the seller would have called them RCBS or Redding, if he was playing a game.

Oh well thanks

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've got abt a half dozen sets of lees and i'll admit that while the lock ring arrangement looks a little mickey mouse at first thought, it works just fine. in fact, i've grown to really like it.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you got a set of Lee Pacesetter dies, run around $16 new.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote