New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 winchester brass wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Huntingtons, midway, and Grafs all seem to be out of .458 brass.
Anyone here know of a good source?

I'd be happy to buy brass from AR members too.

--Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everyones been out for a while, at least with the winchester brass. You can check ebay, prices have been high but not too horrible yet. I managed to score a bag at a local shop, amazing since they dont carry all that much reloading stuff, so you might want to check around, you might get lucky. I'm sure winchester will make another run soon, stock up when they do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wpuld you go for a 'gentleman's agreement?' The 458 is my cartridge too & brought a bag of new Win. 458 with me today (now that I have found you again)..I would be agreeable to ship you a bag of 50 to help you get started then at a later date (within 6 months), you return ship another bag of 50 to my address. This caliber and 300 H&H is very seasonal, I heard produced only for short periods winter months and definetely sold out by spring...r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray-

Thanks a lot for the offer.
I just got a bag of fifty pieces from the Reno show.
That'll get me through winter.

I'm crossing my fingers on the next run of brass from WW being sooner than later.
I just don't want to speculate on when they'll make more available.

--Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sure you guys know but Winchester quit loading .458 ammo sometime back. Pretty peculiar that several others still load it but Winchester does not.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote