New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highest quality brass for the 22.250?
 Login/Join

<Embalmer>
posted
I have been using for other calibers and have been more then happy with the results. (that damn lapua brass never seems to wear out)

But since Lapua does not make 22-250 brass that takes out my number one choice for brass. Now I know Norma brass is good also, but for more then twice the cost of anyone elses brass for this caliber. So Norma is out. I cant justify spending that much more for Norma over any other brand when no one else comes close to that in price.

I just loaded up my first batch for load development and I am using the once fired PMC brass that came from the ammo I bought just to break in/sight in the rifle.

So out of the makers that to produce brass for the 22-250 which one would you suggest?

one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
For me it would be Norma,and if thats out Winchester would be next over Frontier and Remington.

woods

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I've been using the same Remington brass for over 30 years...sure some of it has given up the ghost with split necks, but I have yet to have a case come out in 2 pieces, a primer or bullet fall out, or any other problems.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Embalmer,
Whats the problem with taking Lapua .243 and necking it down? Jim

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote