Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Forming 270 WBM brass from 7mm WBM brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted
Damn, I must have been having a couple of bad hair days!

I would have sworn that the original post had to do with using Remington manufactured .270 Weatherby Magnum brass as compared to brass manufactured by Weatherby (Norma).

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
S40,
remington brass used to pimp out it's brass line to everyone....

the "safest" way to get to the 270 wbby case is to start with with some hornady mag basic... and trim, then form...

jeffe

Posts: 39721 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Post deleted by ricciardelli

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
One BIG WORD of caution: All brass is not the same. I bought a bunch of Federal nickel brass for my 7mm Weatherby at an incredible price. When i went to load them, they wouldn't even come close to the case capacity of the Norma brass so my "factory load" equivalents were unworkable. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Post deleted by ricciardelli

one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
I posted these questions on another forum without much response. Owning a 270 Weatherby Mag and in short supply of brass I did a little research and located a source of new Rem manufactured 7mm WBM brass and ordered 200 pcs. Big savings for me. The cases are similar in size to the 270 WBM and should be easy to form, but I have some questions to make sure I do it right.

Do I lube and run the brass through the 270 WBM full length die and prep?

Should I run it through the full length die with out the expander ball?

All advice appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Not to get obstinate or anything but Quarter round is just trying to make sure that he takes the 7MM WEATHERBY brass manufactured by Remington and does the correct steps to function as 270 WEATHERBY brass. It appears that you have understood him to say he bought 270 Weatherby brass from Remington...in which case the dimesions would be the same...a 270 Weatherby case is a 270 Weatherby case.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
Quote:

.270 Weatherby Magnum is .270 Weatherby Magnum, regardless of the manufacturer...

And the answer is "yes" to both your questions.

Steve, this is 7mm WBM brass manufactured by Remington.

Jorge, I will work up loads in this brass.