New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Interbond 150gr in .270 Performance
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have shot a Kudu with the 150gr Hornady Interbond and had excellent results. The retaining weight was 84% of the original weight and it was an instant kill. Kudu was standing +-120meter and shot it on the sholder bone. It penetrated well through a rib and got stuck on the other side of the Kudu's chest. This load also gives me excellent accuracy of three shots cutting one-another and speed is +-2940fps.

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago I asked the Hornady Tech about the 150 gr. .277 Interbond. Here's my question & his response:

Will your 150 gr. Interbond stabilize in my rifle? I believe I have a 1/10 twist. Can you tell me how long this bullet is, and what is its minimal required velocity for good expansion? Also, what do you think about RL 17 with this weight bullet in .270 WCF?

The Hornady .270 cal. 150 gr. IB (InterBond) bullet will stabilize in a 1-in-10" twist barrel. The bullet length is 1.385" +/- .007". Muzzle velocity range is 2500 fps to 3200 fps. If your rifle is shooting the 150 gr. bullet at 2800 fps muzzle velocity the rotation of the bullet will remain constant even though the forward flight of the bullet decreases dramaticly as it travels down range to target. The Hornady .270 cal. 150 gr. IB bullet will expand fully out past 500 yds. The bullet will still expand fully at 500 yds. even if the bullet leaves the muzzle at 2500 fps.

The Rl-17 seems to be a very good powder in all the heavier bullets for the 270.
I have had a lot of customers call me with good results.

That said & given Reloader's experience on Kudu, I think I'll have to try it!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote