Find
Notify
Tools

Lazzeroni 7.82 Warbird reloading data
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted
Any information on websites with loading data for this cartridge?

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lazzeroni site is good.

www.lazzeroni.com

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
Thanks! First place I should have looked, but I was told he wouldn't provide it.

Still need data for 240g bullets. Neither Steve Ricciardelli nor Lazzeroni give data for that.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that a typo? A 240gr bullet? The heaviest .30 bullet I know of it the 220gr and even that isn't well matched to what Lazzeroni envisioned for his big.300...the shape of the nose is wrong for long-range shooting and won't carry it's energy down range as well as something like the BarnesX in 180gr...let's face it, a .30 bullet is a .30 bullet no matter what the weight as long as it will penetrate and the BarnesX will. If you really want/need the extra weight I would go up to the .338 or .358 Lazz.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
The reason that the 240 and 250 grain bullets are not listed under the Lazzeroni is that they are not suitable for the intent of that caliber. There are very few 30-caliber cartridges that handle thos bullets well, and the ones that come to my mind immediately are the .30 Cody, .30-06, .30-284, .300 H&H, .300 Weatherby, .300 Winchester, and the .308 Norma.

Now, that's not to say you can't load a 240 or 250 grain bullet in all the others, but you have to do the homework yourself...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As ricciardelli stated most of the heavy weight 308s are not made for long range hunting, they are for shooting targets at 1000 yards. They do cary more energy down range due to their high weight and BC, but there performance on tissue is lacking. (I think there was a small post about that somewhere, heh)
I use only 240grn Sierra MatchKings in my 30-8mm Remington Magnum, of course the only thing I am hunting is paper.

[ 07-15-2002, 05:05: Message edited by: DanD ]

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another reason for a lack of data is that the standard lazzeroni rifles come with a slower than normal rate of twist barrel and will not stabilize the heavier bullets.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote