New
Find
Notify
Tools

POP's and other Offensive Threads
 Login/Join

<Chainsaw>
posted
I received an email from a local anti that at times cruises the forums (Saeeds and others sites) that pertain to our hobbies/sport. I have debated this person several times.

She indicated that the most offensive threads they read were the ones that contained the words F****** and ****. They think that these words should be censored and banned.

[This message has been edited by Chainsaw (edited 12-27-2001).]

<Chainsaw>
posted
By The Way, The words were Firearms and Guns---------Chainsaw

one of us
posted Hide Post
Then, by all means, tell her to set a good example, and remove them from her speech. Then she can talk about banning **** and ******** and no one will know what she's talking about.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
ROFLMAO @ Denton! (Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off)

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Gun s,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns,Firearms,Guns!

There! That ought to make her angry

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chainsaw, how about posting her e-mail address? - Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chainsaw,

This seems to me to be a perfect example of utter stupidity!

She does not like firearms and guns, but surfs the web looking for them?

Wht the hell would she want to do that?

Has she not got a family?

Can't she think of something more useful to do?

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Chainsaw>
posted
First, I will not post her email addy as she asked me not to. She finds it amusing the rifts between gunowners over language, types of equipment etc.

Secondly, While we argue amongst ourselves over the best/worst bullet/cartridge/rifle along with those among us wanting control/censorship of certain words, these people are working slowly every day to ban the reason for these forums. Guns/Firearms.

While we are worrying about profanity, and banning it from the forum, they are wanting to ban our firearms/guns, as they feel that while guns can kill, words never drove a projectile thru anyone.

If we continue to argue trivial points fellas, these people will have the guns/firearms banned, and in future years one may have to look in a dictionary to find these words and there meaning.

Our call to civility among our members while good on the surface, only shows that we have bigger problems in the shooting community than profanity.

Bottom line is that our adversaries think guns is the four letter word worth banning.-------Chainsaw

If left to our own devices

<Chainsaw>
posted
Saeed, As you most wisely have noted on other topics you are against cencorship.

As you know I very much agree with your position and am thankful for this well thought out position you have taken.

The antis that work at this everyday cruise pro sites much the same way that folks like Yourself,Dan, Mike, and I cruise anti sites. They try to work every little angle they can to further there cause. They keep informed daily and are delighted to see us argue about language/wording and our sport in general amongst ourselves.

I see most quarrels such as the POP thread as a boost to the anti. From this thread they can use the Sierra bullet as an example that we are maiming animals in record numbers.

From the Cartridges We Could Live Without Thread, they could use Boddingtons article by a influential part of the gun toting community, to say we have too many choices and some should be banned.

Yet as we worry about certain words that are distasteful, they for the most part could care less as the banning they want to accomplish is our firearms along with our freedom.-----------chainsaw

one of us
posted Hide Post
We argue over trivial points because that is all we can argue over. We are, for the most part, in complete agreement over the ownership of firearms or guns (sorry Ma'am).
People who have practical, open minds can't be wholly anti- anything since the world is not black and white.
If the lady in question takes the trouble to read between the lines she will realize that gun owners and shooters really cover the entire spectrum of society. There are simple tradesmen like myself and professional people like my Dad. Young to old. Some really intelligent and some not so bright (like myself). All different religions or none at all. Some heterosexual some not. Men and women.
With this kind of diversity it is only natural that we argue. It is only surprising that we argue mostly over things like Winchester vs. Remington with some even liking A- Bolts! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<bigcountry>
posted
Chainsaw, I am a little confused on your post. Maybe I am a little slow, but was the purpose to tell us that people are watching and we shouldn't be discussing reloading issues of interest of us and sit down in our basement secretly not letting anyone know we reload and shoot FIREARMS/GUNS? Secretly going to the range. Or purpose to tell us you would like some backup on arguing with her? (I doubt this since you won't post her addy) (don't really understand that either) I mean if someone wrote me to tell me that they are snooping on me and getting in my and other peoples business but please don't post my addy, I would think that to be odd and think this person would deserve some bashing or a little more open mind to some debate instead of secret emails flying on the net. I enjoy the trival conversations about "My 30-06 is a better gun that your 300RUM" or whatever. I am not about to hide who I am or what I stand for. I believe the average man who doesn't have time to do a 10million man 2nd admendment march has yet to begin to fight. We will be squeezed only so far and then watch out. I am not knocking you but curious on what you wanted people in this forum to know or do about this?? There will always be stupid closeminded people that are willing to make this country into a Cuba where they will sacifice thier freedoms in the sake of security. But I like Ben Franklin, I believe said, "you lose both".

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
What Chainsaw is suggesting is that while we say, we are all united for the right to keep and bear arms, our actions, and statements in regards to other issues show that this simply isn't true. In fact, those that freely espouse the "moderate" approach will easily fall in line with the arguments to "moderate" gun control. Those who fight for gun control are not moderate, and will not stop. Don't try to appease them, you must stand up and fight them. They are liars and cowards, and we have the high ground, if we have the will to take it.

Either folks get it, or they don't, and sadly most folks don't get what it is we are up against. Gun control is only one facet, it has to be taken in the whole with environmental concerns, free speach, political correctness, tobacco taxes, and a slew of other issues that all add up to removing freedoms one by one, and allowing the masses to be controlled like sheep. Most of the "anti's" are just shills, and clueless of what it is they stand for. They have the best of intentions, but work towards the worst of results.

I know, I must sound like a foaming at the mouth wacko, but the truth is out there, you just need to seek it out, and accept it.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<bigcountry>
posted
Paul, I see, kinda. I think I understand why the average man's opinion is not being heard. I lived my whole life in Ky. Never was there a worry about gun control. And in this rural land, if there was gun control, it didn't matter to us. I went squirrel hunting by myself when about 10. Everybody thought that was normal. I always had a pistol in the truck. Never worried about someone seeing it. Even the police since the one or two in the place was well known around the county. Since then, I moved to Maryland. I was shocked. This is the toughest state I had been in as far as guns. I had been from one side of the country to the other several times and most people were likeminded as myself when it came to gun control or hunters rights. And I always stayed out of the major cities. I don't believe the average guy knows what is against him or all the people in the rural counties would be calling thier reps, and senators. I am really considering moving out of this state. In the last few years, I do nothing but travel and to the major cities. These are the places that control the country whether we like it or not. And rarely do I see a hunter freindly person. Most of my family in Ky don't belong to the NRA. They think there is no need cause they don't see these fanatics at the capital. But they all hunt, shoot and fish. I just visited the PETA website. These crazies are serious.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
[B]
Either folks get it, or they don't, and sadly most folks don't get what it is we are up against. Gun control is only one facet, it has to be taken in the whole with environmental concerns, free speach, political correctness, tobacco taxes, and a slew of other issues that all add up to removing freedoms one by one, and allowing the masses to be controlled like sheep. Most of the "anti's" are just shills, and clueless of what it is they stand for. They have the best of intentions, but work towards the worst of results.

B]

How true!

But what is the "IT" they stand for?

We lost "IT" for sure when 90+ % of the people agreed with laws forceing us to wear seatbelts. Every reason stated SHOULD be applied to all aspects of our lives.

We now have anti-tabacco (and even anti fast food) groups emergeing. And they are useing the same "good for you" arguements.

As stated by one person against the tabacco laws, "but I think you should have to wear a seat belt".

THAT is what "IT" is about: "you should have to do what I think is right".

Personal responsibiility is: "doing it MY way".

And where were you when the seat belt laws were passed? I was looking for one more person against them, but I could find noone.

JerryO

Posts: 231 | Location: MN. USA | Registered: 09 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "genuine antis" get there strenght because most people, including gun owners, do actually at some time support one of their many tenatcles.

Gun control, PETA etc. are only a couple of their tentacles.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder why this thread has expanded out sideways as if a picture has been posted.

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigcountry:
Paul, I see, kinda. I think I understand why the average man's opinion is not being heard. I lived my whole life in Ky. Never was there a worry about gun control. And in this rural land, if there was gun control, it didn't matter to us. I went squirrel hunting by myself when about 10. Everybody thought that was normal. I always had a pistol in the truck. Never worried about someone seeing it. Even the police since the one or two in the place was well known around the county. Since then, I moved to Maryland. I was shocked. This is the toughest state I had been in as far as guns. I had been from one side of the country to the other several times and most people were likeminded as myself when it came to gun control or hunters rights. And I always stayed out of the major cities. I don't believe the average guy knows what is against him or all the people in the rural counties would be calling thier reps, and senators. I am really considering moving out of this state. In the last few years, I do nothing but travel and to the major cities. These are the places that control the country whether we like it or not. And rarely do I see a hunter freindly person. Most of my family in Ky don't belong to the NRA. They think there is no need cause they don't see these fanatics at the capital. But they all hunt, shoot and fish. I just visited the PETA website. These crazies are serious.

You clearly state the problem! Most folks figure what is happening in the big cities doesn't affect them, so they just don't care. The problem is, what is happening there does affect them!

<Chainsaw>
posted
Paul H, Thanks for the assist
As Paul has stated, there are many gunowners
that support Cencorship/banning
of others pastimes/hobbies
and lifestyles, except firearm freedoms.

I think that this
is a cancer not only
among gun enthusiasts
but other minority
types groups as well.

The group that wants
to preserve snowmobiling in
Yellow stone is a good
example.

Mike 375
For some reason the
thread expanded when I edited my first
post due to spelling mistakes.
-----Chainsaw

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

The one thing I
would diasgree with you on,
is antis being cowards.
Certainly the Australian
"genine antis" are far
from being cowards and that is
one of the problems we face.

I once saw Rebecca Peters front up
to a very large gun show
and then proceed to
take on everyone.

By the way Rebecca has been a guest
of your antis for sometime now,
so watch out

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike375 (edited 12-28-2001).]

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Mike,

The hard core, certainly not, but there mindless minions of do-gooders are spineless, that is why they choose to have others protect them from themselves, and the realities of life as opposed to being responsible for themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Their followers come from all sorts
of areas of interest, some quite suprising

Mike

<Daryl Elder>
posted
Who is "she" and why is "she" out of the kitchen?

one of us
posted Hide Post
From now on I will try to use the term, "High velocity projectile ignition cylinder apparatus" or "Cartridge spewing system of bereavement".

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Ok, here is a classic case of "they" are among us....

>From: DB Bow <americanhunterlabs@yahoo.com>
>To: mssmagnum@hotmail.com
>Subject: saw your resonse to "Large Bore air rifles"
>Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:53:22 -0800 (PST)
>
>My dear "W",
>I saw you reply to Large Bore air rifles and I do not
>give a damn if you are a life time member of the NRA
>or not. Your other "America, Love it or LEAVE IT!" is
>also not welcome on a world wide forum. If you want to
>voice your opinion to folks in the USA make sure it is
>to the folks in the USA. You have embarrassed me as an
>American.
>Len

I guess we are not supposed to be proud of anything anymore?!?!!?

What gives....

mike

------------------
NRA Life Member

America, Love it or LEAVE IT!

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote