New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on trim-to length
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The literature i have gives the case length of a 22 Savage High Power as 2.050, and the case length of a 6.5x55 as 2.157 to 2.165 (two different books). What I need to know is the recomended trim-to lengths for these cases. Thanks.

Posts: 167 | Location: Kamloops British Columbia Canada | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.010 less than the case length.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Trim to 2.040" for the Savage. The 6.5x55 Mauser gets trimmed to 2.155" Or as said above, .010" shorter than maximum case length.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much! Have a great day!!!

Posts: 167 | Location: Kamloops British Columbia Canada | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sinclair makes a "Chamber lenght gage" that you uses to find the true lenght of YOUR chamber. It works by triming back about half the neck of a fired case and putting the gage into the case with it thing sticking out farther then the lenght of the chamber should be. When you put it in the chamber the forward part of the gage contacts the end of the neck and the gage is pushed into the case. When you pull it out ,measure the case form the base to the end of the gage. That is the max oal of the case. It sound complicated but triming the neck is the hardest part.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote