Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra goes polymer tipped..
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Useless marketing gimmick to sell bullets in the post hoarding world. Just my opinion of course, which may not reflect reality.

Posts: 17190 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Black Hills has loaded them for a year. Uniform tips and I think a slight increase in BC.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
They are all Matchking bullets. Calibers are .224 and .308.

quote:
Sierra has enhanced a segment of the MatchKing line by adding the acetal resin tip, thus crowning the Tipped MatchKing (TMK) bullet line. The major advantage of adding a tip to the bullet is the reduction of drag, producing a more favorable ballistic coefficient. Another benefit is reliable feeding in magazine fed firearms.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
Sierra has been making blitzkings with polymer tips for quite some time. For my 22 hornet load, I have used them when I couldn't get Hornady V-Max bullets. They work very well.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
In other brands, I like polymer tips for use in Fals and other rifles that are rough on bullet tips. They all feed regular Matchking HP's just fine.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote