New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x64 help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm wondering where I can buy 9.3x64 brass/shell holders/and dies. I'm also interested in any load suggestions from you guys. Thanks for all the help.

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huntingtons will have the brass dies and shellholder. I think that most any of the dies manufactures will make dies and shellholders. The only brass I know of for sure is RWS there maybe others but RWS would be most common in the states. Natchez shooters supply also sells RWS but not sure if they have 9.3X64. Barnes and Nosler list loads. Plenty of info on the web for loads as well. Start down and then load up slowly with web info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Natchez has RWS brand 9.3x64mm brass in stock as of right now at $23.62 per box (or something close to that) I've been buying my RWS brass from Natchez ever since they began to import it a few years ago, 5.6x57mm, 6.5x57mm, 9.3x62mm, and .22 Hornet. RWS is often your only source for some brass, and it is remarkably strong.

http://www.natchezss.com/

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recommend Redding dies. They are a special order, but mine have been worth it.

There are good loads listed in both the Swift and Nosler manuals.

Like Sierra2, I keep an eye on Natchez for their specials, but Huntingtons has the brass (by RWS and Horneber) day in and day out.

4350 is a good powder, either IMR or Hodgdon.

LD

PS Off Topic, but Siera2 have you gotten one of those devices to shoot a 22Mag cartridge out of your 5,6x57 rifle?

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second Lawndart on the Reddings! Reddings are the best dies I´ve used so far.

I ordered brass from Buffalo Arms and received brass that is headstamped .458WM. The specs are pretty good but I´d recommend paying a few bucks extra for RWS brass.

They also sent me a shellholder for the .30-06/.308 when I ordered one for the x64 and that doesn´t work.

Buffalo Arms will not be seeing my money again, they didn´t even bother to answer my email on the headstamp issue.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas for the suggestions

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote