New
Find
Notify
Tools

ABC's of Reloading
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Relativley new to reloading rifle cartridges and looking to increase my knowledge base a little more. I have had several people recommend this book to me but see there are several versions/editions available. Is one better than another? Does anybody know where I might pick this up on the cheap? Thanks.

Posts: 262 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This book has been around for a long time. The 7th Edition is current (around $22). If you can find an older one used, the basics haven't changed much over the years.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got nearly every reloading manual and a wealth of other books on the subject. One that most recently impressed me with up to date practical techniques is High Power Rifle Accuracy: Before You Shoot by Douglas Arnold. Good thorough explanation of the basic techniques with pictures etc, relatively inexpensive but I especially like the loading data he lists as it seems to be very up to date on which powders are recommended by cartridge. Available at Amazon but I got my copy at a gun show, seems to be easily available.

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try your local library or used book store.You might try buying it used on amazon Also most loading manuals have a section on reloading. These manuals can be purchased used online or at used book stores or gunshows. Also lots of websites.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote