Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ace
posted
I am re-loading for my pedersoli sharps using 300 gr. jacketed bullets do i need to stick with the trap door data at 25000 cup i would think this would be a stronger action than a trap door the load i have been using is 42.5gr of imr 4198 seems mild

Ya can't kill'em too dead. -Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Call the manufacturer and ask if you can load hotter. My thought is that this is a 28k gun.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
Call the manufacturer and ask if you can load hotter. My thought is that this is a 28k gun.

I think Buckeye is accurately quoting information that Pedersoli published and is on the internet if you look for it. I believe the source of the info was Dick Trenk the Pedersoli US marketeer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a real trapdoor. (My brother has it now.)

You action "should" be stronger than a trapdoor.

How much stronger I don't know.

If they tell you to keep the loads at trapdoor levels, I would suggest looking at trailboss loads. They are powder puff loads and easy on the gun.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
According to the Speer manual original sharps actions should be loaded to trapdoor levels but replicas are good up to lever gun pressures. (28,000cup.)

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maximum load pressures for the Pedersoli Sharps can be found on page 33 of the manual.

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/img/pdf/manualsEn.pdf

http://kwk.us/pressures.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote